follow link As spring sets in, the days become a bit brighter and milder, and the little shoots start popping up, we begin to turn our heads towards the summer. And while the hot or warm weather is generally welcomed, there comes a stage when it gets too hot. It might be that you have trouble sleeping in the heat, find it difficult to work from home during the daytime heat or just that you prefer to keep your house cool while it is sizzling outside.
lowest price on levitra There are many reasons why people decide that they want air conditioning for their home, and there are also a number of different air conditioning options to choose from.
So what do you need to know when you are choosing the air conditioner for your home?
There are two types of air conditioner models – the split unit and the single unit. The split unit is fitted into your wall and becomes a permanent fixture in the room where it is installed. The single unit is portable and can ventilate the air through windows and doors.
Split Unit Model
The split unit model is fitted into your room, with ventilation passing out usually through a vent made especially in the wall.
- No need to leave windows open, so more secure
- Generally quieter and more efficient than the single unit model
- Perfect if you have room which always gets hot
- Usually more powerful than the single unit model
- They are permanently mounted on your wall so you can’t move it, and you might need to have it especially installed
- They are generally more expensive than the single unit model
Single Unit Model
The single unit model is a portable style. The hot air leaves through a ventilation tube which can be put out of the window or door.
- The unit can be moved from room to room as you need it
- It is easy to install
- It is relatively cheap
- By leaving the window open, you could potentially be causing a security risk
- Some units can be heavy so make sure that you choose one which you can easily pick up and move around
- As the ventilation system isn’t air tight, some hot air can be pumped back inside the room
There are some other features which your air conditioning unit may have. Some include timers so that you can set it to turn on or off at specific times, night modes where you can save on energy and it runs on a quieter level, and some units have remote controls.
When you are choosing an air conditioner for your home, you need to look at your individual situation. Do you want to be able to move your unit around? Is security a concern? How effective do you need it to be? By answering these questions, you will then be able to figure out what model is best for you and your home.
For more information about air conditioning repairs, cleanings, or all around general AC questions, get in touch with Hamilton Home Comfort today!