source There are very few things in life as comforting as sitting in front of a warm fireplace with a hot drink and enjoying a quiet, peaceful night. The decision to install a fireplace in your home is a large one since you might have to take out a section of a wall, run utility lines where you didn’t previously have them, and build a mantle to name a few pieces of installing a fireplace. The biggest decision, though, besides the one to install the fireplace, is what kind of fireplace you want to install: gas or electric. Each kind has its own benefits and drawbacks, and really only you can decide which one you want based on your lifestyle and needs; there isn’t a right answer for everyone. Before making the purchase, here are some things you should consider about each type of fireplace.
http://maientertainmentlaw.com/?search=accutane-side-effects-depression The great thing about gas fireplaces is that they are really low maintenance, but the fantastic thing about them is that you don’t have to, usually, invest in a complete overhaul renovation of your home to have one if you have an existing wood fireplace. There are gas fireplace inserts that are designed to utilize the space your old wood-burning fireplace took up so you don’t have nearly the renovation effort to install one. The inserts will either use your existing chimney for ventilation or there are factory-made insulated ones that can be installed as well, depending on the set up of your home and your preference.
http://cinziamazzamakeup.com/?x=cialis-generico-forum What’s more is that you can also install accessories for this kind of fireplace for automatic shut offs, thermostat controls, and even a remote control to operate the fireplace for total convenience. These are much safer than a traditional wood-burning fireplace since wood fires have to be attended until all the ashes are cold as even warm ashes could spark a fire.
Advantages of a Gas Fireplace
- They turn on and off instantly, so there’s very little setup time and you don’t have to wait for them to cool down when you’re ready to leave.
- Minimal yearly maintenance.
- Great source of heat.
- Gas continues working when the power is out, so during the winter if you lose power in a bad storm you can still use this fireplace as a backup heat and light source.
Disadvantages of a Gas Fireplace
- They don’t crackle like a real fireplace will
- Can be costly to install if you don’t have a previous fireplace to use, or if you have to run gas lines where there previously weren’t any.
omprare viagra generico consegna rapida a Verona These kinds of fireplaces are the truly faux fireplaces since there isn’t a real flame at all. What electric fireplaces do is project a digital image of a moving flame to mimic the look of a real fire. They do produce heat, however, they are completely reliant on electricity. What is attractive about these is that they’re simple and usually cheap to purchase and are really easy to install. They really are just plug and go, so no expensive installation or renovations to your home.
Benefits of an Electric Fireplace
- Temporary: if you are living in a place you know you won’t be living in for long then this is perfect as it’s not a large investment but you can still have the feel of a fireplace.
- They are inexpensive to purchase and won’t take very long to set up.
Disadvantages of an Electric Fireplace
- It’s not very realistic looking and it doesn’t create the same ambiance that a wood-burning or gas fireplace does.
- If there’s a power outage during a storm it won’t work so you can’t use it as a heat or light source during that time.
- It may be more expensive to produce heat since it runs off of electricity.
here When it comes down to choosing a fireplace that’s right for you, you really have to pick whatever it is that works with your lifestyle. If you know you are going to stay in your home for a long time and want to invest in installing a gas fireplace that will truly enhance your living space then that’s what is right for you. If you are living in a small apartment or rental and you know it’s only temporary, but can’t stand being without a fireplace, then perhaps a small electric one is best for you until you are in a home where you want to install something more permanent. Either way, a fireplace is an amazing addition to any living space and will help you enjoy the cold winters as you snuggle up with a hot drink and your favourite book.
Once you’ve decided between the two, the next step is to look into the various models to see which suits your needs and your space best. At Hamilton Home Comfort our fireplace experts can provide every service you need including finding the right fireplace for you, fireplace installation, maintenance, and repair. Contact us today and our team will help you get started. Located in Hamilton, we service Grimsby, Ancaster, Burlington, Binbrook, and the surrounding areas.